HIgh Frequency Gain Fluctuations

foundfindfinding

Hey all,

I'm getting these weird high frequency fluctuations when recording from my babyface pro. This has happened in the past, but ever since I got the babyface and my new laptop, this has not occurred once in logic pro x 10.4.1

The rate of the fluctuation is once every ~1.3 seconds. I use izotope's de-noiser to remove hiss from cassette tape rips, so if the hiss is not static (i.e. is fluctuating like it is) I cannot remove the hiss properly and the rip sounds bad.

The fluctuations are not happening in audacity.

Any help on how to deal with this would be utmostly appreciated.

Best,

Ray

Edit: So I've uploaded a couple of videos..

-- This is normal capturing via the Babyface Pro into Logic Pro X 10.4.1 from my Nakamichi RX-505 tape deck, with nothing playing in the tape deck. There's no fluctuation of the high frequencies here, which is what we want.

-- This is the abnormal capturing that results after ~5 minutes of playback on the tape deck. Here you can see the regular frequency gain modulation on the high frequencies. This doesn't occur when recording with Audacity, so Logic Pro X is definitely the causative component. It also goes away when I restart Logic Pro (but starts back up again once the tape plays for 5 minutes).

I hope someone can help with this, I've been dealing with it for a couple of years now, off and on..

This doesn't occur when recording with Audacity, so Logic Pro X is definitely the causative component.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion that quickly. In fact I can almost guarantee that LPX is not the culprit. But never mind for now, it's just too early to jump to conclusions, you need to perform more troubleshooting first. How did you test Audacity vs LPX exactly? Please be as detailed as possible.

I'm getting these weird high frequency fluctuations when recording from my babyface pro. This has happened in the past, but ever since I got the babyface and my new laptop, this has not occurred once in logic pro x 10.4.1

I'm not sure if there was a typo there or what you meant to say exactly?