Midi notes being pushed 2.5 beats ahead upon 'stop'

stephendidit
Go to solution Solved by volovicg,

I've been working on a project all day, tons of midi tracks without any problem, and then within past half hour, every time I record midi, it shows the notes appear on the correct beat--until you hit 'Stop', at which point they all shift 2.5 beats forward. Capture Recording = same.

I've tried deleting tracks, starting new tracks, ensuring that there's no latency issues, ensuring track doesn't have delay programmed into it, recording without any virtual instrument loaded--I can't find any example of this online. I've tried suggestions from other problems, like changing the Drag to No Overlap.

I'm not in a position to scrap everything / re-record / copy and paste to a new project file, as I'm on a tight deadline.

Try this as well... Click off (make sure no region is selected ) then in the inspector (which should say Midi Thru or Midi defaults depending on your version) - the quantize and delay settings should not be set.... just confirm...

That was it! I didn't know this pane existed and I'd set a delay in it that was meant for only one region. Thank you!