How to stop that Track is Protected message?

fernandraynaud

In Logic 10.2.4 locked tracks behave as expected. If you lock the track with the diddle padlock, you can still open it in piano roll editor to inspect it, you can play notes by clicking on them, etc. You can Alt-Drag a protected track to copy it. It's only after you actually change a value in a protected track that it warns you and reverses the change.

In Logic 10.4.1, if I as much as touch anything on a protected track, even if there's no change possible, it throws up a warning dialog box that then must be clicked on to dismiss. Can't Alt-Drag to copy it. If I as much as THINK about it ... well, almost. Anyway, it's a total workflow killer, as I'm a bit spastic (you know, as demonstrated so tactfully in the famous "ooh woo I cannt remmembuh") kind of guy, and so I'd better keep all the tracks locked by default or I'll OOPS do some damage with the mouse whenever I spazz or fall off my stool. Anyway, any way for it to work, like in 10.2.4?

In Logic 10.2.4 locked tracks behave as expected. If you lock the track with the diddle padlock, you can still open it in piano roll editor to inspect it, you can play notes by clicking on them, etc. You can Alt-Drag a protected track to copy it.

I'm able to do everything you just described to a protected track in 10.4.1.