Bus Monitoring Problem in Logic X! Need Help!

TheMadValkyrie

I am a long time Logic 9 user converting to Logic X. All vocal tracks in my project template are routed to buses. Plug-ins are applied on the buses. Experiencing the following problem when trying to record vocals and monitor myself:

When the vocal track is armed, I see a level on the track from the mic and interface, but not on the bus the track sends to; neither do I hear a monitor of the vocals in my headphones. If I record, the vocals are captured, and I can play them back. At that point, I see a level on the bus and hear the applied plug-ins. However, I cannot hear any audio or see a level on the bus when the track is ARMED or RECORDING.

This was not an issue in Logic 9. I am stumped as to how to resolve. Please help. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I hope you do not mind me joining this post, I have the same issue.

In my case however having the suggested options selected makes no difference ; I can monitor the input of my instrument until the moment I hit play and then I hear nothing which is useless if I want to play alongside another track or rehearse alongside the click track before committing to a record. input monitoring is selected on the track and it is record enabled.

1634361397_ScreenShot2018-07-22at12_37_10.thumb.png.c4395ae5530d05c6e80621ca5942d31c.png

what am I leaving out please ?

Thanks in advance