Live guitar signal reduction

Nicesean

I've done a quick search to see if anyone else has faced this problem but couldn't see a thread so apologies if it has been asked before.

I'm a fairly new user to Logic Pro (10.2.3), so forgive my ignorance. My question/issue is.

When recording live guitar (or bass) the signal stays at the correct level for 5 or 6 seconds, then noticeably reduces changing the sound drastically after that, staying that way till you stop playing. Curiously if you start playing again the whole process is repeated with the level back to normal then reducing after 5-6 seconds. I've tried several guitars and basses and 2 sets of leads, so it's not either of those. So it must be either a setting within Logic Pro or my input device. I'm using iRig 2 to input guitar, set to 'thru' and connected to my imac via the headphone socket, I'm thinking that might well be the issue? Thanks in advance.

So could this be down to Automation? I've never used it, but I can see how you view it on the tracks, but I've no idea how the setting affect the tracks. It does seem strange that the signal dampens after 5 or 6 secs and not sooner. I've attached a screen grab showing the audio. The top track is the picking guitar and you can see how the signal weakens after a few seconds. And as far as I'm aware there are no plugins running.

1686387536_ScreenShot2018-06-05at10_41_11.thumb.png.980f6bf673a7db0d607e01ff1fbf5ffc.png

I've attached a screengrab of the 'Automation' screen. Not sure what it all means, or what setting could be causing the issue guys. Any idea?

I've got the iRig set to 'Thru' rather than 'FX' so that shouldn't cause any clipping.

1077810944_ScreenShot2018-06-07at17_24_53.thumb.png.068bbfef95158a3bc5d34d059f975eae.png

I've attached a screengrab of the 'Automation' screen. Not sure what it all means, or what setting could be causing the issue guys. Any idea?

It's not the Automation.

I've got the iRig set to 'Thru' rather than 'FX' so that shouldn't cause any clipping.

I'm not familiar with the iRig so I cannot tell wether or not there's a clipping protection feature when it's set to Thru. What happens when you try to record a signal with a proper, non-clipping signal?