Create CC Names in list

mgmartino

I have a few sample libraries that take full advantage of CC numbers and while I am not asking for anything crazy like mapping all the CCs to external controller I simply want to know if I can create preset lists to rename some of those extended CCs so like in the pic below

CC 14 could read "Distance"

CC21 could read "Growl"

CC 23 could read "Flutter Tongue"

etc.....

1832790097_ScreenShot2018-06-05at7_36_51PM.thumb.png.8c6c8685bca66c6e347c27d940d4c2bd.png

In the long run (I will post a feature request) Logic will have to be more user-configurable, not only CC should be 'user-namable' but also bus i/o etc. For instance, in a project with more than 10 different fx busses the input name in the aux channel is always 'bus #' which is a useless info because one needs to go back and figure out where exactly that signal is coming from in the next remix session,

I think what you are looking for is Articulation ID sets.

That would not provide change the name of the CC itself, but that would however change the name it is appearing in Logic.

There might be other methods to achieve same, likely involving the Environment.

Yours looks like it is referring to something that has to do with only native logic instruments...am I correct?

I think what you are looking for is Articulation ID sets.

That would not provide change the name of the CC itself, but that would however change the name it is appearing in Logic.

There might be other methods to achieve same, likely involving the Environment.

Yours looks like it is referring to something that has to do with only native logic instruments...am I correct?

In fact no.

The Articulations Set is (a clever) way Logic imbed into every note event the articulation switching required information. The Articulation Set editor is devised to communicate with 3rd party plugin software as well, converting (in realtime) the Logic ArtID into MIDI event (note, CC, etc...) the targeted plugin will understand to actuate the proper corresponding articulation (or other associated parameter).