Different midi notes to trigger different OSC in Alchemy?

bubbaeel

Hi! First of all I'm new to this forum, so hello!

Second, I want to trigger the different oscillators or sources (Source A, B, C and D) in Alchemy with different midi notes. So for example, Source A would only play if I hit C3, and Source B would only play if I hit D3, etc. I would then control the pitch of the notes with an LFO or the sequencer or whatever, but I want the midi notes to only trigger the specific Source, never mind the pitch.

Is this doable in any way?

Cheers

Thanks!

Ah, but the whole point is that I wanna be able to create four sounds without ever switching instrument, both to save on the CPU and prevent my cortisol levels rising from having to switch between instruments when I edit the sounds.

Ah, but the whole point is that I wanna be able to create four sounds without ever switching instrument, both to save on the CPU and prevent my cortisol levels rising from having to switch between instruments when I edit the sounds.

No need to switch anything. Just create a track, drag and drop the mapped instrument to that track, all your MIDI recording/editing goes to that track. Upon playback, the mapped instrument takes care of routing the MIDI data to the desired instrument.

As for CPU usage, I wouldn't assume anything. An instrument's CPU usage depends on the workload you ask of that instrument. So playing four oscillators on a single instrument may very well require the same amount of CPU calculations as playing one oscillator per instrument on four instruments.

No need to switch anything. Just create a track, drag and drop the mapped instrument to that track, all your MIDI recording/editing goes to that track. Upon playback, the mapped instrument takes care of routing the MIDI data to the desired instrument.

Hmm I'm not quite sure what you mean. I want the oscillators (sources) in Alchemy to trigger separately depending on which note is being played. If I play C3 on the keyboard, oscillator A should trigger, if I play C#3 on the keyboard, oscillator B should trigger, etc, on the same instance of Alchemy. I actually don't mind having four tracks playing each note by themselves, it's just that I wanted it to be in the same instrument, so I can have the window of the same Alchemy up at all times. I will create four Alchemy instruments instead and live with the switching I guess. Thanks anyway!

Actually, is there a way to show the instrument when you click on the track?

Right now it's like this. I have a track with Alchemy. I click on the X to close it down, click on the next track and double click the instrument so it displays.

I would like it to be so that when i click on another track, the open instrument window closes and the new chosen track's instrument shows instead.

Is this possible?

Hmm I'm not quite sure what you mean. I want the oscillators (sources) in Alchemy to trigger separately depending on which note is being played. If I play C3 on the keyboard, oscillator A should trigger, if I play C#3 on the keyboard, oscillator B should trigger, etc, on the same instance of Alchemy. I actually don't mind having four tracks playing each note by themselves, it's just that I wanted it to be in the same instrument, so I can have the window of the same Alchemy up at all times. I will create four Alchemy instruments instead and live with the switching I guess. Thanks anyway!

You can't do it all with a single Alchemy instrument. It's just not possible.

My suggestion achieves what you're looking for but with four different instances of Alchemy, one for each source.

You can still work with a single track and have all your MIDI notes on that track, assigned to the mapped instrument.

Then you have four channel strips:

1 -> Alchemy osc A.

2 -> Alchemy osc B.

3 -> Alchemy osc C.

4 -> Alchemy osc D.

The mapped instrument routes C3 to channel strip #1, C#3 to channel strip #2, etc....

Actually, is there a way to show the instrument when you click on the track?

Right now it's like this. I have a track with Alchemy. I click on the X to close it down, click on the next track and double click the instrument so it displays.

I would like it to be so that when i click on another track, the open instrument window closes and the new chosen track's instrument shows instead.

Is this possible?

Yes, click the link button in the plug-in header.