Problem installing ES2 patches

Hello, I've been going through some old posts on this board and have had a go at installing some of the generously donated patches, for example, this one...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2073

I followed Dave Nahmani's advice to place the patches (in their own folder) in ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug In Settings/ES2/, but when I restart Logic I cannot find the extra presets. Is this something to do with the fact that I am using Logic 10.4.1 to try and load patches made 12 years ago, or am I doing something wrong?

I managed to use them.

However, many are not sounding so great, which isn't consistent with the laudatory comments left by other users back then.

I suspect that the ES2 have been modified over the different Logic versions so these old presets need (at least) some tweaking.

I’ve just managed to use them as well. Rather than the suggested folder, I found that I had to save the presets to ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Plug-In Settings/. I found that by saving a dummy preset with a unique name and then using the excellent “Find Any File” utility (http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/index.php) to work out where the plugin expects to find the presets.