how do I split a drummer track region without it auto changing the pattern ?

1pauper1

how do I split a drummer track region without it auto changing the pattern ?

I just want to split the region and keep everything the way it was ...

but when i split a drummer region ,

it automatically changes the patterns and adds new fills at the ends on each side of the split .

thanks Dave ,

ok then , so let me take this a step further if I may .

if I drag that region onto another midi track to convert and split it into 2 regions ...

when i drag them back to the drummer track will it keep my changes ?

Once you convert a drummer region to midi, no more changes will happen.

thanks Dave ,

if I drag that region onto another midi track to convert and split it into 2 regions ...

A MIDI region never "auto-changes" like you said. However there's no need to drag the region(s) anywhere at all: control-click your Drummer region and choose Convert > Convert to MIDI Region.

thanks Dave ,

A MIDI region never "auto-changes" like you said. However there's no need to drag the region(s) anywhere at all: control-click your Drummer region and choose Convert > Convert to MIDI Region.

Aha !!

now - that's the ticket .

thanks again Dave

cheers - n - beers 8-)

• 1 year later...
Select the first region and turn the Fills knob all the way down. But Drummer regions are "smart" and always re-calculate a performance when you change just about anything about the region. The only way to be truly in control is to convert the region to MIDI.

HiDavid, I know this is an old thread but has anyone figured out how to split regions without inserting fills everywhere?

HiDavid, I know this is an old thread but has anyone figured out how to split regions without inserting fills everywhere?

Just turn the Fills knob all the way down for Drummer regions where you don't want the fills? So for example I have a Drummer region from bar 1 to bar 9 with a fill at the end of bar 8. I want to cut it in two at bar 5. That inserts a new fill at the end of bar 4. I select the first region (from bar 1 to bar 5) and turn the Fills knob all the way down for that region.

Thanks for the reply Dave but here's whats happening. I have an 8 bar groove thats pretty straight because Ive already turned the fills knob all the way down. Basic. But now, I actually want to create a fill at bar 8 to transition into the next part of the song, so I split the region at the 8 bar so that i can just manipulate that section (the 8th bar) independently. All is fine so far and Im able to do just that.. BUT, whats happening is that a fill is created at the end of bar 7 also, no matter what i do.

Then If i try to isolate bar 7 by splitting that region to turn the fills bars all the way down for bar 7 alone, a new fill is created at the end of bar 6, lol. And so on and so on.

Hopefully u get what Im talking about.

I split the region at the 8 bar so that i can just manipulate that section (the 8th bar) independently. All is fine so far and Im able to do just that.. BUT, whats happening is that a fill is created at the end of bar 7 also

That's most likely because you've dialed in too much of the Fills knob.

Then If i try to isolate bar 7 by splitting that region to turn the fills bars all the way down for bar 7 alone, a new fill is created at the end of bar 6, lol.

You would just have to turn the Fills know all the way down for that region. Then no fill is created.

Prehaps a couple of before/after screenshots would be helpful here? How to attach files to your post

• 7 months later...