How do I delete Beck Colors?

Dox

I believe they are now (10.4.x) part of the app, so you have to open the app package. Right- or control-click the Logic app, and it should open in a new window for you, with a single folder: Contents. Open that, and open the Resources subfolder. I would assume that there is a folder called Demo Projects in there - if not, look in the other folders. You can open the and trash the Demo Project from there. You have to do this again after updating though.

Hi musarticus and pranaearth,

Thanks for your replies but I already deleted it from HD>Library>Application Support>Logic>Logic Pro X Demosongs

However, it still appears under Demo Projects when opening Logic Pro X as shown in my initial post screenshot attachment.

Hi David,

That usually works for most applications. Can you be more specific? File path?

Btw I am enjoying working through your LPX 10.3 Book - most excellent!

Just tried trashing 'com.apple.logic10.plist' but Beck is still there!

Trashed 'com.apple.logic.pro.cs' but Beck is there as before!

well, sad as it is to admit this, i removed the 'empty project' templates from logic; they're in Logic's app package contents: in resources ("Project Templates")... just annoyed me that they're there.

there's also a "Demo Projects" folder in the resources, but removing that does NOT remove the demo projects listing in logic's project browser (and 'beck - colors') is still there... which suggests that it's scripted in... and can't be removed (at least not by mortals, such as myself)

seriously, deleting files from package contents is generally a really-bad idea, so... always, keep a copy of anything you remove... in case all hell breaks loose...

but really, don't remove anything. 8-)

Hi fisherking,

Thanks for your reply. I like your " in case all hell breaks loose..."!

Yeah, scripted in is what I suspected. But why? I hate it, especially the stupid icon as shown in my original post. The whole point of using a computer for anything should be about flexibility.

Despite working with Macs for the last 30 years (how time flies) I too am leery of tampering with any files in the LPX package.

really. seems you should be able to right-click on the beck icon and delete. very 'garageband' of apple to insist that's there. but i only use my own templates, and never open that, or 'empty projects'.

it's like the apple loops folder; you can't delete that either (also something i don't use). so it goes... still love LXP.

really. seems you should be able to right-click on the beck icon and delete.

Funny: that's the first thing I tried upon reading that thread. Seems pretty obvious indeed. Oh well, not a big deal, I would just move on and leave the "Demo projects" tab alone.

In fact this makes me realize that I very rarely use the Template Chooser.

really. seems you should be able to right-click on the beck icon and delete.

Funny: that's the first thing I tried upon reading that thread. Seems pretty obvious indeed. Oh well, not a big deal, I would just move on and leave the "Demo projects" tab alone.

In fact this makes me realize that I very rarely use the Template Chooser.

easy enough to just ignore these things (like not being able to delete the apple loops, or editing out some elements from the plugin list); it's like owning an SSL board and being annoyed that you can't remove 4 channel strips ("there are 4 more than i need!") :mrgreen:

altho a hacksaw could fix that...