Custom MIDI controller b/o FATAR Fatar TP/40GH

I have a Studiologic VMK-188Plus MIDI keyboard controller. The Fatar TP/40GH key bed is fantastic, but electronics inside are utter garbage. I have keys in the lowest octave that send control information instead of note information to the DAW and some don't send anything at all. Many notes have a major velocity inconsistency issue, keyboard sends random MIDI info to the daw, such as pitch band info, aftertouch info (without me ever placing my hands on the keys). A simple google search suggests that many people have struggled with the same issues. What is depicted in this thread for example, I've done several times over (check out the pictures). http://homerecording.com/bbs/equipment-forums/keyboards-and-sound-modules/fatar-vmk-dead-notes-294112/ I think even Eric Cardenas got rid of his VMK-188 for the same reasons.

Bottom line is - I'm done with this keyboard. However, I can't just throw it away. I want to keep the FATAR key bed if I can. I would be willing to put in the effort into building a Frankenstein type of a board that integrates the Fatar TP/40GH key bed and the controls of a Nektar IMPACT LX88+ or a Nectar P6. If it was easy to just transplant the key bed into the IMPACT, I'd do it in a heart beat :), but that's an unlikely scenario. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on how I can salvage my current keyboard I'd like to hear from you.