Logic Pro X Lemur Control Assignments XY Axis (Modulation, Expression)

Jamie.Hall

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased "Lemur" from the app store, and needed some help getting Logic Pro X to see the Midi Controller Software.

I have installed "Daemon" and set the input and outputs to channel 0.

Using the Lemur Editor, I have created a basic Ring Area X/Y layout to control Modulation on the (X axis) and Expression on the (Y axis).

I would like to map the X axis to controller 1 "Modulation", and the Y axis to Controller 11 "Expression" of my Eastwest Sample Libraries.

As seen here at 1:19 :

37585907_10156515176539568_2848349090104737792_n.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jamie Hall

Hi,

I have installed "Daemon" and set the input and outputs to channel 0.

That's really a port, not a channel. You would only need to output data in this case, so no need to set a receiving port. So in your Lemur iPad app, tap the gear on the top right, choose "More settings", and under MIDI targets set the "To :" parameter to a Daemon input.

Using the Lemur Editor, I have created a basic Ring Area X/Y layout to control Modulation on the (X axis) and Expression on the (Y axis).

So here we can assume you've already assigned each axis its control change message (in the Mapping area of the Lemur editor)?

I would like to map the X axis to controller 1 "Modulation", and the Y axis to Controller 11 "Expression" of my Eastwest Sample Libraries.

At this point (if you've verified the CC's are coming in from the iPad), you would need to assign them to the desired parameters on your software instrument.

There's usually at least two ways to do this:

1- If the instrument supports it, it may allow to assign/map CC's locally (on the instrument itself, somewhere). You would need to check its documentation.

2- Through Logic's Controller Assignments and/or Smart Controls:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/assign-midi-controller-knobs-plugin-logic-pro/

Hope that helps.

J.