Volume fader bug

3ple

When I select 2 or more tracks in the Tracks area, I can only change the volume of all tracks if I use the volume slider on the track itself (that horizontal slider). Depending on the vertical zoom, that slider is not always visible and to be honest I don't even like to use it, because of that same reason: sometimes it's visible and it can be used, sometimes it's not and there's the need to zoom in, which is kinda nonsense to me.

The other way is to go to the mixer, which I don't use that often, even when I'm mixing. I like to work 99% of the time in the Tracks area.

When I select 2 or more tracks and I use the volume fader on the left side, so on the channel strip itself, only that track is affected, which doesn't make much sense. It should behave the same way as the horizontal slider, in my opinion.

Anyone experience this? Am I missing something like ticking an option or something?

I already submitted this bug to Apple, but wanted to make sure this is a real bug.

Thanks! :)

When I select 2 or more tracks and I use the volume fader on the left side, so on the channel strip itself, only that track is affected, which doesn't make much sense. It should behave the same way as the horizontal slider, in my opinion.

I'll have to disagree with you there on this.

Let's suppose that you had 20 tracks all selected then you noticed that one track is a little too loud, while all the tracks are selected you can just click on that one track and the 20 tracks will still be selected but on the left will be the individual track you selected, then you can adjust that one track that was too loud.

If you were able to change the volume on the left but for all the selected tracks, how would you change the volume on that one individual track. That means you'd have to deselected all those 20 tracks and select that one loud track to change the volume and once you're done, then reselect all those 20 tracks which by the way might not be next to each other.

So here's a video that shows that but only for 2 tracks but you'll get the idea that being able to change the volume on a single track but still have multiple tracks select and how it's working right now is a feature, not a bug. :)

My question is: why would you have 20 tracks selected if you are not planning on doing something to all of them? ;)

I never ever select more than one track unless I’m trying to change the volume on all of them, for example.

And your example works the same way as having 20 tracks selected in the mixer view. How would you change the volume of just one track? You would have to deselect all of them as well (I’m talking about the mixer window not the mixer that shows up at the bottom, sharing the screen with the Tracks window, because I rarely use that option)

As ValliSoftware pointed out, it may be practical once you know how it works; however I wouldn't have expected that behavior. With the Mixer opened, that means using the fader of the channel strip in the mixer doesn't give you the same result as using the fader of the (same) channel strip in the Inspector, and I agree that's not what I'd have expected.

As ValliSoftware pointed out, it may be practical once you know how it works; however I wouldn't have expected that behavior. With the Mixer opened, that means using the fader of the channel strip in the mixer doesn't give you the same result as using the fader of the (same) channel strip in the Inspector, and I agree that's not what I'd have expected.

Exactly my point. It’s not “logical” to me. Yes, people can get used to things, but that doesn’t mean it’s expected. I like working with the zoom in a way where my tracks are “thin”, meaning I have to zoom in to make that horizontal slider appear, which is not practical. I would rather have less zoom but let a thinner slider always visible, for example. Just like Ableton for example