how can I hear Logic songs on iPod?

kerochan

You can't just put files on the filesystem of an iPod and expect them to show up in the database. That's not how iPods have ever worked.

You generally need to sync them to the iPod with iTunes, which copies the files and creates the necessary database entries for them to show up and be playable.

You can't just put files on the filesystem of an iPod and expect them to show up in the database. That's not how iPods have ever worked.

You generally need to sync them to the iPod with iTunes, which copies the files and creates the necessary database entries for them to show up and be playable.

Thank you des99, how do I sync?

You generally need to sync them to the iPod with iTunes

How do you normally put music on your iPod?

Never had an ipod before! anyway I have managed it, didnt have to sync or anything fortunately

not easy, you have to make a playlist then drag the song to the playlist, then drag the playlist to the IPod!!

I havent tried Aiff yet.

I applaud your holding out for so many years. But iTunes is the shortest line between these two points.

Both iTunes and an iPod can play AIF's, but the caveat -- of course -- is that they're about ten times larger than an MP3.

If you are willing to cross the iTunes rubicon, note that the Bounce feature in Logic allows you to copy a version directly to iTunes. It's helpful when you bounce a master, for example, but if you're bouncing in pieces, it's annoying -- it fills your iTunes index with shards of a mix.

See the checkbox on the right-hand side: "Add to iTunes"

934197834_BouncetoiTunes.png.aa55ae83a2a1f2e3235abc2e43cfea8a.png

Kerochan boldly enters the 21st Century.

Another tool in your new-found arsenal: Browsers [right pane in Main ] > Project > select your AIF file > Audio File > Copy/Convert Files(s)..., and there you will find an option to convert the AIF file to MP3 and save it wherever you choose.

Ah, cassettes. In my youth, I clutched them to my heart and declared, "It'll never get better than this!"

Awesome app - just downloaded it is fantastic - thank you - omg !!! Brilliant

magnatune? so very cool... everyone i show it to loves it (unless they don't know what a 'cassette' is, in which case they're just mildy amused).

best feature: tape never bunches up. biggest mystery: how do i turn the tape over?