If I only have an internal SSD and one external SSD, which should contain my Logic Project and which my sound libraries?

D.D. Jackson

Right now I have Logic installed on my internal Mac HD. Because (based upon my current setup) I only am able to have a single, external SSD drive in addition, I've currently mounted my sound files there. My question: where is the best place to store and run my actual Logic sessions? Should it remain on the internal drive, or ALSO on the external SSD (with just the Logic application itself remaining on the internal Mac HD SSD drive?) Thanks for any thoughts!

- rj

Just my own follow-up! I did a test and it appears obvious that storing the Logic Project file on the external SSD along with my sound libraries works much better than trying to put the Logic Project file on the main Mac HD SSD (where the Logic program itself is stored). Since my Macbook Pro only has 16 gigs of memory, minimizing the RAM I absolutely need to use (to 10GB or less) also seems to significantly reduce CPU spikes. I guess this will hold me over until the rumored 2019 Mac Pro's arrive (!)...

- rj