Can Logic Quantize multiple Audio Stems?

Music Spirit

I was wondering what the possibilities of quantizing audio in Logic are and whether anyone has had any experience of this? The main reason I want to do this is because I have found some old studio recordings where the band speeds up slightly between the beginning and end. Or there are some bars in the middle which are rhythmically uneven because of live musicians speeding up.

Ideally I would like to quantise the entire set of stems so that the tempo is rock solid BPM from beginning to end - ie find the nearest mean tempo and quantise everything to that tempo. Is this possible in Logic and how would you apply it to a project with an entire set of independent stems, horns, vocals, drums, bass, guitar, piano. keyboards?

I am have used the function 'Stretch Region to Locators' as applied to Audio and have used this to make incremental adjustments to a drum loop... or sample so that it is stretched or contracted by a slight amount to fit a 4 bar loop. The result sound wise is fine .. But I dont know technically how to do this on a larger scale or if it is possible with an entire project.

We are talking really just a few infinitesmal changes so that the whole track was properly in time.

Another reason for this is because it gives much greater editing flexibility in terms of swapping sections around in the arrangement and looping sections etc.. which you couldnt do if the whole track was not in perfect time.

Would appreciate a few guidelines

Smart Tempo feature would have been very useful for you, but there is a way to do it manually.

Import all your audio, get the closest Tempo for the start of the recording, assign all the channels to the same Group, in Group Settings enable "Editing (selection)" and "Quantise-Locked (Audio)". Now enable Flextime for all those tracks. I would now use the Drum channel as the 'source'; locate the on beats (kicks and/or snares) and either manually move them into position, or perhaps start with a Quantise to move them all mostly in position and then manually fine-tune the results.

It's the long way round, but it will get you the results.