Audio clicks when bypassing plugin

elastic

Hi,

I have a filter plugin on my Stereo Out channel in logic, but when i bypass/unbypass it, it makes horrible little click sounds.

Tried it with a few different plugins, logics own and third party, all the same.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Logic pro x 10.4.1

mac pro 10.12.6

Completely normal. You can't turn a plugin on/off during a playback without a click sound and in some cases, latency goes horribly wrong.

That's because you're enabling/disabling a plugin during a playback and logic and possibly other DAWs can't recalculate everything on the fly without minor glitching and generating some artifacts.

Most premium plugins have a dedicated bypass button, use that instead.

But for logic stock plugins, if you're using the eq for example, you can use the band buttons at the top and on and off those buttons instead. For logic stock compressors, you can use the Mix (wet/dry) knob to simulate the bypass buttons.

Completely normal. You can't turn a plugin on/off during a playback without a click sound and in some cases, latency goes horribly wrong.

That's because you're enabling/disabling a plugin during a playback and logic and possibly other DAWs can't recalculate everything on the fly without minor glitching and generating some artifacts.

Since bypassing of plugins is possible to automate, I don't think that is correct. Take e.g. an Adaptive Limiter

on the stereo out, Iit will still cause latency even if bypassed.

Most premium plugins have a dedicated bypass button, use that instead.

But for logic stock plugins, if you're using the eq for example, you can use the band buttons at the top and on and off those buttons instead. For logic stock compressors, you can use the Mix (wet/dry) knob to simulate the bypass buttons.

Totally agree. :)

Since bypassing of plugins is possible to automate, I don't think that is correct. Take e.g. an Adaptive Limiter

on the stereo out, Iit will still cause latency even if bypassed.

My bad, i think i know where the confusion comes from.

OP already said he's having the issue during automation, i failed to notice his post about automation and did my reply based on the assumption that he deliberately turns a plugin on/off in the channel strip during a playback.

If the issue arrises during automation, then please ignore my initial post coz i have no idea about bypassing a plugin with automation and how well it works within logic.