Copy/Paste Quantize parameters

guavadude

Add this to the list of things I should know by now, but is there a way to copy the Midi Defaults or track/region quantize parameters so I can paste them onto other tracks? I find myself constantly having to adjust these parameters for multiple tracks if things change and it would be much easier to just copy all the parameters and paste as needed.

Seems like "Copy/Paste Quantize Parameters" should be right there in the Functions pulldown with Midi Region Parameters but it's not.

I can just select multiple tracks and make the adjustments all at once, which I've been doing.

So I guess what I'm really wanting is just to be able to copy the region parameters and paste that into the default input midi parameters.

What's happening is I have my input parameters set. I record some midi drums but they don't sound right. I adjust the region's parameters while hearing playback and now want to set my default input parameters to that.

I can just select multiple tracks and make the adjustments all at once, which I've been doing.

So I guess what I'm really wanting is just to be able to copy the region parameters and paste that into the default input midi parameters.

What's happening is I have my input parameters set. I record some midi drums but they don't sound right. I adjust the region's parameters while hearing playback and now want to set my default input parameters to that.

So you want them to be automatically quantized at the input stage? You could set the quantize value to whatever you need it to be in the Inspector window. If it's a custom groove, i.e. - very "off the grid" and not created by using Logic's own quantization parameters, you could also create a groove template.

Yes I use input quantize all the time. Groove quantize, with custom settings. Got that.

Here's what I need. I have a brass part playing 1/8 triplets with Q strength 85% and velocity +4. Now I add a string part doubling it. I just want to copy the brass quantize parameters and paste into the string regions without having to redo each individual parameter. I want to copy and paste the entire parameter set. I don't want to select the brass AND the strings and reset all the quantize settings so they are the same, because the brass is already set.

So I want to copy and paste midi quantize parameters.

Yes.. Here would be the process.

First there is a key command called "Set midi Thru parameters by region" assign this key command.

1/ when you change the region parameters... quantize, swing, etc... to what you want to duplicate. select the region and use the above key command. This will make your midi defaults the above.

2/ create your new track and when you create a region - manually or otherwise - it will have those parameters assigned to it. It's similar to a copy and paste but has to be done in advance of creating the destination region.