Focusrite Clarett 2Pre playback crackles!!!

Slarty

Hi All.

I've checked previous posts on a similar problem and can't seem to resolve this issue.

I am using a MacBook Pro early 2011 i7 with 16gb of ram and 2 internal SSD's Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Using Focusrite Clarett 2Pre.

Every time a playback ANYTHING (even auditioning apple loops), THE SOUND CRACKLES and it is driving me crazy.

I have adjusted everything possible in Logic (buffer sizes etc etc) trying to resolve this matter and nothing works.

When I change input/output preferences from Clarett Thunderbolt to internal speakers the issue goes away, but who in their right mind would wish to mix tracks using internal speakers?

No-One of course....

I have raised a ticket with Focusrite but no answers as yet other than they recommend updating Focusrite Control to 2.1.8 (I am using 2.3.4) to resolve the issues with High Sierra.

BUT,.....when I go to their download page, 2.1.8 is not available for download, only the version I already have.

Any advice would be warmly appreciated as this is driving me crazy.

Hi David.

I have adjusted the I/O Buffer size in all directions all the way up to 1024 and still the issue remains. Focusrite have replied asking me to delete the audio preferences in my MBP which I have done to no avail and I have also sent them a copy file of my system report for further investigation. Very frustrating process and I suspect the matter has something to do with Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

But I shall have to wait on them getting back to me on this, hopefully with a solution.

I am not able to go through chat or calls Antaren (but thanks for the advice) due to time constraints, so I have to deal with this the slow way vie email instructions.