glitches in track export

nixoblivion

Hi Guys.

I notice that i have audio glitches quite often when im exporting audio!

When im mixing, i only hear glitches sometimes when i deactivate/activate plugins that are more consuming, which i think is normal since they are working with delay compensation.

I use the I/O plugin to incorporate my hardware into Logic. Right now im mastering a project. I have a handfull of plugins in the session (5-10, nothing crazy!) Im actually running on buffer size 256 right now, since i had glitches when running on a lower buffer size! The Project is on an SSD and the Bounce is being recorded to this same SSD. Im dong a Realtime Bounce since im using Hardware Gear.

When im mixing i have about 5 I/O plugins and around another 50 plugins running and dont encounter any problems. It seems to be something with the bounce itself.

Can anyone guide me in a direction here?

My Mac is pretty new and shouldnt be a problem.

iMac (21.5-inch, 2017)

3,79 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Can you monitor your CPU activity when you're getting glitches?

Do you hear the glitches even if you plug headphones straight into your Mac?

Thanks for your reply David. Its kind of hard to reproduce these glitches as you can imagine.

Im using a Focusrite Red Line16 Interface. I can't "plug straight into my Mac" since im using external hardware on most of my mixes/masters. I think that the I/O plugin is part of the problem.

Is it normal to change the Buffer time to the Maximum when bouncing in realtime?

Is it normal to change the Buffer time to the Maximum when bouncing in realtime?

No.

It seems to have less glitches when i increase the buffer size though.

Ill have to try to monitor the CPU while bouncing next time.

But if it is the CPU, why is it glitching during bouncing but not during normal playback?

It seems to have less glitches when i increase the buffer size though.

Then you should monitor your CPU usage? Glitching that disappear when increasing buffer sizes are typically sign of overloading the CPU.

But if it is the CPU, why is it glitching during bouncing but not during normal playback?

Are you bouncing in real time? Are some of your plug-ins set up for higher resolution upon bouncing (vs playback)?

Then you should monitor your CPU usage? Glitching that disappear when increasing buffer sizes are typically sign of overloading the CPU.

Are you bouncing in real time? Are some of your plug-ins set up for higher resolution upon bouncing (vs playback)?

Yes im doing Realtime Bounces since im using the I/O Plugin for external hardware most of the time (this is when i notice the glitches most often!).

How can you change to higher resolution during bounce? Ive never seen this option on plugins that i know of.

I was testing offline bounces right now. unfortunatly i didn't have time to work on projects where i am using outboard gear during mixing/mastering.

Anyways i have attached the activity monitor screen during a bounce of a typical mastering project (offline bounce).

You can see the cpu usage is at around 110% just for logic! Is that normal?

I have a quad core 3,79 GHz Intel Core i5 installed in my mac. Surprised to see that behaviour!

948354539_ScreenShot2018-10-02at18_17_23.png.d2e8d1b323e246e40a4348ca684de038.png