Searching for plugins numbering...

speakerfood

Hi,

I'm setting up my Lemur to insert a specific plugin in an insert slot. This works, but Logic uses ID's for every plugin it's using and I have no way of finding out these numbers. I use these numbers in the 'multiply' field of the controller assignemt. For instance, '1' inserts plugin "Phat EQ".

Anybody knows where Logic stores it's index of numbers for plugins?

From what I remember when I was doing this, this is not a fixed static thing - Logic scans the available plugins on the system, and builds an internal list of the available plugins, and when opening them with control surface, you're opening plugin 9 in the list which happens to be (say) Waves RenComp, but if you add/remove plugins, the list of available plugins will be different, and the plugin loaded from offset 9 might now be something else.

So if you are relying on this method to insert specific plugins, you might be onto a non-starter, as you'll find that you won't be able to guarantee to open the same plugin all the time (unless you never install/remove plugins.)