10.4.2 update released

Multispace

Ok so as Edgar Rothermich demonstrate, dragging a node work as expected for me.

And yes one have to move very carefully to reach the point .This is what I was not sure at 100% on the improvement

Snap off, of course .

Capture d’écran 2018-09-30 à 15.42.02.jpg

I hope Edgar authorized posting some of his book material... :!:

Yup, they're not in the same position. And positions in bar/beat/division/tick have only a one-tick precision, no more... and depending on the project tempo, a tick can be a long time...:

one-tick.png

I don't understand the concern here.

To me, as you pointed out, realistically a given parameter can not hold 2 different positions at the very same time.

At least not until quantum coding has been implemented...

This update brought back one of my favorite features from Logic 9, simultaneous vertical and horizontal zoom - I love it! Maybe it was in a previous update and just didn't notice? Hold control and option key while scrolling with mouse wheel.

Great Trick, wasn't aware of this, thanks !! :)

“Create an Environment Fader with the style "Text" or "numerical". Hide Cables. Here, it turns to white text on white background if unselected. Used to be black background which lends slightly better readability.”

Yes. I am long on text faders — my environment has hundreds of them — and they look hideous. I’m not at my computer right now, but yesterday, it appeared that if set to text, they could be colored and the background would follow suit, but as numerical, only the border and the number would taken on the color. The white background remained. I anticipate using text for numbers, I.e, 127 numbers which are actually typed-in text as a work-around.

But even then, we have no black color, so the text faders’ background takes on only the darkest shade on the palette.

I have the same behaviour. Since 10.4.2 update I can't read any of my faders. VERY ANNOYING ! They have to fix this immediately.

I don't understand the concern here.

To me, as you pointed out, realistically a given parameter can not hold 2 different positions at the very same time.

At least not until quantum coding has been implemented...

Why not, since the value are not the same.

Holding position AND value , so yes, it disappear in a black hole .

Why not, since the value are not the same.

Because a parameter can have only ONE single value at any given time. Unless we go into quantum physics, the parameter cannot possibly have two different values simultaneously, as a vertical automation curve would indicate.

Basically, that means that an automation curve displayed as a vertical segment cannot possibly represent the true automation curve that you're actually hearing.

I had the problem of greyed out relocate option. Fortunately I had enough storage to put files back in their original place and get rid of symlinks. Then it worked as expected.

The workaround I was going to try (and something those without enough storage space to move files back might try) was to uninstall the entire library and only reinstall a small portion. Then relocate to external drive and download the rest of the library once the library path was created/move to external drive.

Hey all symlink users with sound libraries on external drives, is it best to remove symlinks before updating to 10.4.2? What worked for you? Thanks!

That's working for me (... waiting to see what happens if drive is disconnected when Logic starts in future)

Because of a control surface?

Yes. I still hope that Apple one day will fully support Console 1 though. It's my favorite DAW after all. But for the sake of Console 1 workflow, I just installed the demo of Studio One 4 and I like it so far, when it comes to using Console1. What a difference...

Hey all symlink users with sound libraries on external drives, is it best to remove symlinks before updating to 10.4.2? What worked for you? Thanks!

That's working for me (... waiting to see what happens if drive is disconnected when Logic starts in future)

Thanks. Did you just remove the symlinks or did you also put your library back before updating?

I updated first then moved libraries back and deleted symlinks. Then option to relocate library worked perfectly. Operation appears to be the same regardless of order.

If you just delete symlinks without moving the libraries back I would think logic will not see any libraries to move and still be greyed out. You could try it though. Delete symlinks only then open logic and try to relocate library. If the option is greyed out, close logic, replace the folders and repeat.

Ok so this one is killing me....

In the Main Window I have automation visible and set to Volume. When I edit in Piano Roll the atuomation automatically switches to what I am editing in Piano Roll. WHY!?!?

Can't ind a way to turn it off. Anyone? Please!!??

Some people experienced serious MIDI-problems with this update. I've got several 'MIDI time-out' errors which didn't make sense and that I never had before 10.4.2. I believe I didn't even always have a MIDI keyboard connected when I got the message.

Anyone else got these errors?

In the Main Window I have automation visible and set to Volume. When I edit in Piano Roll the atuomation automatically switches to what I am editing in Piano Roll. WHY!?!?

This is a new feature since 10.4. You can turn it off in a menu somewhere, probably in the View menu in the Menu bar(not in front of Logic). Maybe it got back to ON with the update...

Blink

This is a new feature since 10.4. You can turn it off in a menu somewhere, probably in the View menu in the Menu bar(not in front of Logic). Maybe it got back to ON with the update...

Blink

Unfortunately the only option seems to be broken. There is an option in the Mix menu called Auto Select Automation Paramater in Read Mode. It doesn’t change the behavior. So either it’s a bug or I don’t understand what it does. But either way my workflow has been seriously affected.

I did both.

Well, after trying to prepare my symlinked libarary, 10.4.2 updated automatically before removing symlinks and moving library. Arghhh.

The good news is LPX sees my entire library on my external SSD. FYI, there were still some Legacy GB sounds that I had yet to download, so I did and LPX stored them on my external drive. The symlinks seem to be working fine with the update. So was all this worry for not?