Give the gift of Color to your Markers!

David Nahmani

• 2 months later...
Speaking of markers, does anyone have a way of temporarily marking spots so you can return to them but not mess up your main marker set-up? The thing I'm looking for is something like I used to have on my Roland hardware recorder; you had banks of markers so I would always use one bank to spot little sections as the song went by and make it easy to return to them after. It was very handy in vocal sessions, I would spot the take while I was recording it and I could imediately go back to fix spots with the vocalist without having to run through the song again.

One method I've resorted to in Logic is to have a blank track and use the pencil tool to drop little regions down and use them as visual markers, although that doesn't work with the above scenario. And I have used regular markers and then went in after and pulled them off when I didn't need them anymore. Anyone have any other ideas?

I know you posted this question a long time ago... but have you seen the "alternative" marker list in L8 yet? Exactly what you are talking about.. maybe Apple took this idea from you...? :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, using Logic Studio this doesn´t seem to work. Is it different than in previous versions? TIA

In Logic Studio it's easier to open the Global Tracks, if necessary Control-Click to configure so you can see the Marker track, then select a marker, and click a color. You can use the pencil tool to create new markers.

I also like to have the Marker list displayed in the Lists area on the right so I can easily type in the length of my markers.

• 4 months later...

hello there

was going throu the topic, giving colours to markers, but is it possible on logicstudio?

i tried but it's not working, upon clicking command and option, just the marker text edit window is opening. for opening both the marker list and text edit, i have to click command control....or is my config wrong? anyway bothways, the colouring trick is not working. the colour pallette is opening up but the colour is not spilling out! :-)

kindly reply.

I've tried too and first it didn't work at all because i was focused on the marker list edit on the right column in Logic 8.

In fact you need to visualize all the markers in Global Tracks.

It's on the TOP LEFT of the arrange page in Logic (where you can select Signature and Tempo too)

This time you just select the marker you want and click in the color panel and it works ! :)

Best Regards from Paris

Olivier aka OB.one

http://www.myspace.com/obonemusic

• 2 months later...
Ive tried to change the color in the new Logic Studio. It won't work. Also is it possible that i can assign a number like 1 for intro and say 2 for verse and 3 for chorus, just like in pro tools, and than it will go to that marker number that you just inputted on you keyboard? how can i set that up?

• 1 month later...
Ive tried to change the color in the new Logic Studio. It won't work. Also is it possible that i can assign a number like 1 for intro and say 2 for verse and 3 for chorus, just like in pro tools, and than it will go to that marker number that you just inputted on you keyboard? how can i set that up?

It should work, works fine here. Make sure you deselect the marker after you give it a color (a selected marker is always black).

And in your key command window you'll find all sorts of various "go to marker" key commands.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This might be almost impossible for someone to help me without seeing the set up, but I'll try to explain best I can. I have a Hoser-PDR-369/XLR patchbay / Apogee Ensemble, and just purchased a Manley Vari-Mu. I'm trying to wire them all together so I can master, and record with the Manley without having to re-wire every time. So just trying to run all my audio through the Manley and back into Logic.

• 2 months later...

Curious. In referring to the initial post with markers and setting color, I notice that the same color is used for each verse. Is there a way to assign a color to different markers at the same time? Sometimes going back in say to Verse 2 to make it match Verse 1 can be a little tricky with the small changes in the color.

Also, is there a way to assign a color to a track in the arrange window and at the same time change the color of the corresponding channel strip in the mixer view?

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
Is there any version of Logic 9 that I can use on my Power PC? I just can't believe in order for me to use Logic 9 I have to buy a whole new computer..tell me it isn't so..?

Officially LP9 is Intel only. However.... up to 9.0.2 still works on PPC machines. I use 9.0.2 on my other machine, a G4 FW800. Ski also uses 9.0.2 on PPC (G5).

So... indeed, it isn't so.... :)

• 11 years later...