Automatically adjust the volume in a guitar track?

71SI71

Hi,

I am dealing with this issue quite a while and hope, you guys can help me. I am using LogicPro X to play and sometimes record my e-guitar with backtrack audios.

When adding an audio file (eg. a MP3 backtrack for example) into a project, I always have the problem, that the volume of my guitar while playing or recording, is sometimes either to loud or to quiet in comparison to the volume of the backtrack music in the audio track.

In other words, I most times have to adjust the volume of my e-guitar manually while playing, to be at the right volume level compared to the audio file. As the backtracks are starting sometimes with high volume and then go up or down in the volume...I want my guitar track while playing or recording to orientate itself automatically to the volume output of the audio backtrack..

Is there a way to automatically have Logic adjust the volume of the e-guitar track while playing, so that it is compared to the volume ups and downs of an audio track (which I pasted into the project..) always at the level I´d like to?

I hope I was able to explain my issue somehow meaningful..(I am from Germany).

Thank you so much for any ideas or help.

If you intend to dynamically adjust the guitar volume level after the backtrack volume fluctuations, I think that might be achieved using a sidechainable expander or an inverse ratio (also sidechainable) compressor. Which I don't think that Logic stock plugins encompass those features...

If you intend to tame down the backtracks volume fluctuations, using a compressor on that track should be your ticket.