Drumkit designer custom installation

Ploki

So, if you're like me and are selective with sounds and don't want millions of gigabytes of things they don't use on their drive, here's a simple trick how to "customize" your DK designer installation.

If you have an existing installation you can just copy files over. if not, download everything and weed it out.

files are in 3 locations, all 3 are in:

Mac hd / library / application support / logic

loc1: EXS Factory samples

loc2: sample instruments

loc3: plug-in settings

What i did:

I kept 4 producer kits (60s, 70s and both vintage) however I wanted additional cymbals/hihats because with these 4 kits not much are installed.

What you can do: you can delete all other full kits that you don't like, except keep the samples of only certain drums of other kits such as snares, kicks, hihats, toms, etc. (thinks you think you will like/need).

You also need to keep the files of samples that you kept in Sampler Instruments, but not in plug-in settings. There you only keep full kits.

This way, you can have hihats/cymbals/snares/whatever of some other kit, but discard everything else.

this also works for stereo kits; you need to keep SoCal, but you can delete any other kit even if they're in different sample packs than the 4 found in library.