Hard Techno loops

fauwl

How do you make that "machinery" sound what you can hear in numerous hard techno/schranz tracks?

for example here in 1:47:00 it's a sample loop, but if you want to construct it with drum machine and effects?? I'm sure it can be made with closed hihat or like rimshot, but how to effect it to made it so groovy and bit out of sync? :?

• 3 months later...

Whats up Fauwl-

Looks like I found the one other person who make techno with logic...lol

Fair warning as my music theory level is at the "impress drunk girls at bar" or "knows enough to be dangerous" level.

But if I'm reading your question correctly it seems to me you already have the answer. Just need the vocabulary word to research it. The groovy out of sync elements are known as "syncopation"

According to the all mighty Googles

"In music, syncopation involves a variety of rhythms which are in some way unexpected, making part or all of a tune or piece of music off-beat. More simply, syncopation is "a disturbance or interruption of the regular flow of rhythm": a "placement of rhythmic stresses or accents where they wouldn't normally occur".

It's a pretty crazy deep subject..enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's interesting that you can achieve same cool sounds doing effecting different ways or using effects that's not even ment to be used for the purpose 8-)

It would be anyway easier if you got technical knowhow, so you don't always need to start from the scratch (as i do)