We are live again!

Logic Drummer Drum Maps

Kick is always C1

Sanne is always C#1

However, certain kits have claps, FX, even one labeled "Misc." that differ from kit to kit

You already have a Clap in Drummer, but for FX or Misc, I would consider using Tamborine or Maracas from Drummer to drive those 2 from Butch Vig.

LogicSetup.thumb.png.b19e36adf2b3f693e25e1c9d99a42bcb.png

You know, you can even just have Ride1, Ride2, RideBell, etc... drive other drum pieces from Butch Vig.

I think keep the kick, snare, hi-hat and toms the same, but experiment with the others.

The script I have allows you to experiment pretty easily.

Kick is always C1

Sanne is always C#1

However, certain kits have claps, FX, even one labeled "Misc." that differ from kit to kit

You already have a Clap in Drummer, but for FX or Misc, I would consider using Tamborine or Maracas from Drummer to drive those 2 from Butch Vig.

LogicSetup.png

You know, you can even just have Ride1, Ride2, RideBell, etc... drive other drum pieces from Butch Vig.

I think keep the kick, snare, hi-hat and toms the same, but experiment with the others.

The script I have allows you to experiment pretty easily.

Thank you so very much

One more question (thanks for dealing with me) as I am new to the world of scripting;

The note names I put in the script are the note names from Butch Vig Drums, right?

(I probably sound like an idiot - well, what else is new? LOL)

• 7 months later...
pls help...is there a midi drum map for GGD drums to use with logic x drummer..??? regards

In order to use your Goodget Drums with your MIDI controller, Goodget Drums has to supply you with a drum map that shows which MIDI note will play which drum kit piece in a Goodget Drum preset.

I found this drum map for a Goodget drum preset (since I don't own Goodget Drums).

823519453_ggdpresetdrummap.thumb.png.ea8e4bd7b85fc86b7e45c185faa6eaf8.png

I highllighted 3 drum kit pieces...

And in the RedirectLogicDrummerToAny script from above, I mapped those 3 highlighted drum kit pieces so Logic Drummer knows which drum kit piece to play in Goodget Drums.

RedirectLogicDrummerToAny.thumb.png.0dfb6f10205f45390a046c4db59e39c3.png

Now you have to finish the remapping.

Keep in mind, these are two different animals so you're not going to find a one-to-one match, you'll have to decide what you think is the best choice for Logic Drummer to play which drum kit piece in a Goodget Drum preset kit.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...