What would cause "Error initializing CoreMIDI"?

Actually, still not sure, but I’ve also not been able to use Bluetooth MIDI and now that I finally found and removed two 32-bit MIDI drivers, that feature started working and after that boot the above mentioned error hasn’t showed up. What I find weird, though, is that it’s popped up not every time I work and times it doesn’t, any MIDI stuff I have connected works just fine, and next boot, no changes made in the configuration might’ve lead to the error message. So if it’s the 32bit drivers (that I’m happy to get rid of), it’s strange they are not the culprit every time!

Looks like CoreMIDI is timing out before Logic starts?

Can you use something else that uses CoreMIDI to run it before Logic and see if that sorts the issue out?

I'd look in the Audio/Midi setup utility too (MIDI studio view) and check you have no strays in there, or devices which don't light up when they're plugged in. If they don't then delete them from the MIDI studio view, and replug back in and they should re-associate correctly - i get this with Nektar Panorama rarely sometimes.

I had this kind of inconsistent problem a long time ago (2015) macOS 10.11. I removed all third-party MIDI drivers back when Focusrite had me remove the drivers when my Scarlett was acting up. I had a bad, un-supported CASIO driver as well.

I don't need the drivers, so no problem making them go away.