New Logic update 10.4.5 is here!

DRC Music
Go to solution Solved by gnubee,

well..... sadly im losing edits in Melodyne if I BIP my vocal (where it then mutes the regions of the original track) and close the session and reopen it.

it keeps the edits as long as im in the same session and don't close it ....

at least it seems to be keeping edits as longs as the ara track is active/unmuted regions) upon saving.

so... much... potential with ara and logic can't seem to get it right.

I know Revoice Pro and autotune pro won't implement it until apple has fixed their ara

Just started testing 10.4.5....on my 2015 MacBook pro...It really is blazingly fast on a large project to pic with hundreds of tempo changes, 74 tracks, and lots of Flex pitched audio!! The other thing is that you can now have multiple mixing boards stacked vertically on one screen and they will hold their respective (different) horizontal scroll positions, so you can see all your tracks etc at once, lock the screenset and the configuration is saved and recalls properly..at Last!! Nice 1st impression so far.

Fwiw, no issues so far. Out of fun I created a medium sized project (a bunch of sampler instances, EXS and Kontakt mixed) with no regions on any tracks (hence template style) in 4.4 and closed Logic. Starting 4.4 with that project takes 45 seconds, with 4.5 it's 8 seconds.

Obviously, once you actually use all those tracks, the returns are diminishing, but it's a pretty damn impressive thing in case you're using large templates (or rather avoided doing so until now).

Might be a good idea to either hide large portions of such a template or put things into folders/stacks, because once you click onto a track accidentally the used instrument will obviously be loaded.

I may not exactly profit from this feature too much myself - but I can clearly see how people into things such as creating larger orchestral scores will just love it. You could really just load everything into your template without any waiting time.

Gotta say that this is really excellent. Not sure whether other sequencers are offering a similar thing, either.

Well so much for my axiom pro 61 workaround (manually copying axiompro bundle) finally stopped working with this version. Such is the price of progress. On the plus side, no longer have to be paranoid about updating os or logic anymore.

Performance seems to be as good as I had several updates back.

It's not that they (Apple) don't know about it. It's been brought to their attention many times. As it stands right now, it's a good thing Celemony is being patient with getting Apple up to speed on it. I'm sure there are many of us that would really love to see it happen tomorrow, I know I would. However we have no idea how complicated it might be to implement from a code-base standpoint.

so... much... potential with ara and logic can't seem to get it right.

I know Revoice Pro and autotune pro won't implement it until apple has fixed their ara

Man this a killer update, Logic is crushing it! On top of all the new headline features the transpose region shortcut is awesome. A real small gripe but huge for me, the white flashing alert doesn’t go off anymore when scrolling up and down tracks - it used to flash when you hit the bottom or top. I detest the white flash still but this made it way better.

THIS. Is the update/fix I've been waiting for literally YEARS for. We finally have a proper enable/disable tracks feature. Like chucknkd said, when Logic Pro X was first released, the on/off button that I had come to rely upon in Logic 9 was basically rendered useless. But now once again you can bip an instrument track, option click on/off button and hide the old track and it won't hog resources on subsequent reloads of the project. Thankyou Apple for giving us back this pro feature.

Now if they'd just give us BLACK as a color again. (yes, I know there is a workaround)

Where did you find black? I don't see it on my Color Pallet.

Where did you find black? I don't see it on my Color Pallet.

Doesn't exist in the color palette but forum member Stardust Media shared a Logic project with a black colored channel strip that you can import into your own projects. Do a search for it on this forum.

Gotta say that I'm majorly impressed by the "Only load plugins required for playback" feature, especially along with the option to also unload a channels plugins by option-clicking the on/off button.

I thought I might not exactly need it, but now that I've already created a test template I gotta say that I will very likely build myself a bunch of rather massive templates, especially with NIs Komplete Ultimate to arrive any day. It's absolutely amazing how even the largest templates only take seconds to load. And as soon as you also use the tracks on/off buttons, you won't accidentally activate things by scrolling through your tracks using the up/down arrows.

This is really *heaps* better than surfing through channel strip settings.

As said, I'm impressed quite a bit - and that's not something happening too often when it comes to sequencers.

And now bring the LP9 zoom back! Pretty please!

Fwiw, as mentioned on GS and confirmed by yours truly, there seems to be a sort of major bug with freezing while "only load plugins required for playback".

When you unfreeze a track, the instrument used reverts to its default setting. In case of Kontakt, it just gave me an empty instance.

When I deactivate the new "only load required plugins" function, things are back to normal.

So I downloaded this update, and suddenly my Korg nanoKontrol 2 stopped working. I tried deleting it from the Control Surface setup and then re-adding it, but it won’t add.

I haven’t been using the Korg driver for a while because the nanoKontrol worked fine without it, and it caused stability problems when it was installed. It hasn’t been updated for a few years.

I’d love to hear from anyone with a similar experience or suggestion.

Did you resolve this? I have a Korg nano but haven't upgraded to 10.4.5 yet

Nice to see Apple updates their Logic software. Logical that everyone search for their own answers to their important Logic/software questions.

It’ for me personal is a bummer that they didn’t make progress in the max 16 midichannel record to sequencer situation. Every other DAW could do that trick!

Sure, hang on.

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 23.33.00.png

DeEsser 2 parameters

Detection meter: Shows the input signal level. The maximum level is shown in the numerical display above the meter. Click to reset. Behavior of the meter changes in Absolute or Relative mode. See Mode pop-up menu description.

Detection meter slider: Drag to set the Threshold above which gain reduction is applied.

Reduction meter: Shows the amount of gain reduction applied. The maximum level is shown in the numerical display above the meter. Click to reset.

Reduction meter slider: Drag to set the Maximum Reduction level.

Threshold knob and field: Set the Threshold above which gain reduction is applied.[Holger's note: you can also grab the meter indicator, which is nice

Max Reduction knob and field: Set the amount of gain reduction applied.[Holger's note: you can also grab the meter indicator, which is nice

Frequency knob and field: Set the center frequency of the detection filter.

Mode pop-up menu: Choose Relative or Absolute mode. Relative is the default and works with low and high energy signals. [i'm surprised they went with Relative as the default, that might not be a good choice as it could result in over-de-essing/lisping in some cases and it's less predictable/controllable...]

Relative: In this mode the energy level of the band/high passed signal (determined by the Frequency and Filter settings) is compared with the full bandwidth energy level of the incoming signal. The Threshold parameter value determines the amplification of the filtered signal energy (because the energy of the filtered signal will always be lower than the full bandwidth signal). When the amplified signal is lower than the full bandwidth signal, the Detection meter shows a blue meter below the Threshold value and no processing occurs. When the amplified signal surpasses the full bandwidth level, the Detection meter shows a yellow meter above the Threshold value and processing takes place.

Absolute: The Detection level meter shows the energy of the incoming signal (band/high passed as set with the Frequency and the Filter settings). When the energy level surpasses the Threshold parameter value the meter display switches from blue (not processed) to yellow (processed). Low energy signals can only be processed in Absolute mode if the Threshold parameter is set to a very low value.

Range buttons: Set the filter frequency range. Split affects signals tightly centered around the set Frequency value. Wide affects a broader spectrum around the set Frequency value.

Filter buttons: Choose a highpass shelving or peak filter shape.

Filter Solo button: Turn on to hear the filtered signal in isolation. This is useful for setting Threshold and Frequency values.

Dang, this looks neat!

And it looks awfully familiar. :)

Just like ChromaVerb, this one seems to take a page out of FabFilter book. Since Pro-DS is my go-to desser, im eager to try it out.