Logic 7/8 Plug-in Settings

ok..ya'll just read the posts in the Ch Strips thread (unless david wants to move it all here)...

There's a whole lot of NEW settings in L8, but a lot of cool ones got left out. The installer creates a 'Legacy' folder for some plugins (most instruments), but some of the effects ones got ignored. I sorted through them, LEFT THE L8 Installed ones ALONE, but added a bunch of the L7 ones into the folders.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I haven't had any issues so far, and will post if I do.

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR L8 INSTALLED PLUGINS FIRST!!!!

put it here:

\Library\Application Support\Logic

(I renamed my L8 Installed PlugIn Setings folder to 'L8 Original PlugInSettings' , left it IN the Application Support folder...as a temporary measure.... while I was making sure everything was working.

I DID NOT GO THRU EVERY PLUGIN SETTING to check them... But the ones I did call up seemd to work just fine...

Plug-In Settings.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Would it be possible if u have them, to upload only the logic 7 plugin folder differences so I can place them under the users folder as to not worry about altering the original one.

Thanks Dave for all the work.

I separated out the old from the new and am uploading here the plug-in settings from Logic 7 only.

It is basically your file with the Logic 8 plug-in settings removed.

I did include the (logic 7) Legacy Files because my install of Logic 8 did not create any of them. I also cleaned up the misplaced "Stereo Delay" files.

Mark R.

Plug-In Settings from L7.zip

... there is an instrument called Servitude

Can anyone help me find this one?

Here it is

Woow... That was quick!

Were did you find them? Are they part of some secret Apple Society? :lol:

Thanks a bunch once again David. And BTW I love your book! Got it today with fedEx... and I'm in Sweden. :roll:

Cool! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is really cool! Thanks for the work that went into this.

I added MarkR's updated versions into my User Library, into a new Legacy folder in each plugins folder. Now when I select the plugin, I see Factory or Legacy. Very cool.

And what was really crazy was how many plugins didn't yet have folders in my User Library! Meaning: I hadn't ever instantiated them. It's been what, a year? And I never reached for the flanger... Now that I have these legacy settings, why shouldn't I? Just kidding.

But these certainly add to the toolkit. Especially the E synths. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for these.

However, i'm pretty mixed up. I have Plugin Settings on two locations. And they were duplicate plugin settings when i launched Logic. I think one which says "Factory.." is located in nr.2 location. So, i deleted folder from nr.2 location (actually moved it to safe place). And duplicates removed.

But there are also all other Logic folders on two locations ?. Can someone figure this out ?.

1. /users/myname/Library/Application Support/Logic

2. Leopard (my OSX HDD)/Library/Application Support/Logic

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

First of all, thanks dkgross for the excelent work he's done.

Now, is it possible to someone to post the Space Designer Presets from LP7?

I'm asking this because I was looking in all the plug-in presets that are in this forum and I can't find them anywhere.

And no, if you choose to install the legacy from L7, it will only install the impulse responses, not the presets, they're not in the install DVD, I checked and double checked.

Also, if someone has the impulse responses and presets from Logic 6, I would very much like to get them, there were some awesome stuff.

Thanks,

JdB