Change the speed of a Logic session

fa

Hi there, I need your help.

I'm recording a vocal on a Logic song and just realized it would not be a bad idea to speed the all thing up of few bpm. Does Logic 6 have any smart function of the kind....if not what do you suggest me to do....?!

Many Thanks

What is your session composed of: MIDI only or also Audio?

• MIDI only (including Audio Instruments)? Simply change the tempo in your transport window.

• Audio Regions included? It's a little more complex. What kind of Audio Regions do you use? You can change the tempo of Audio Regions but depending on the material, your results will be of variable quality. Drums are easy to adjust, vocals, guitars and stuff like that might sound weird at the new tempo.

Hi David,

There are both audio and midi regions i'm afraid . the vocals is not there yet.

I am now downloading a trial fro waves plug ins. this one it's called soundshifter. do you know it?

i'm gonna try...fingers crossed

thanks

If you don't mind paying a little money (and if you have a Dual 2Gig G5, you're a richer man than I am, Gungadin) I can heartily reccommend DSP-Quattro.

http://www.dsp-quattro.com

It is *very* clean at time-shifting and has sensible parameters, ie: it says what bpm is this now / what would you like it to be ? etc etc None of this "enter percentage time-shift" nonsense that the Germans absolutely love ! ! ! !

:lol:

• 4 years later...