I want Logic 8’s fake instruments on Logic X. HELP!!!

emmephyzema

Hello, I am Addie. And I am absolutely in love with the fake midi instruments on Logic 8. The dynamic harpsichord, the Japanese koto, the Turkish oud lute...the new fake instruments just don’t compare. How do I get those specific instruments on Logic X?

You see, my old computer died, I have it’s entire contents

on an external hard drive. I can go into the audio-plug-ins folder and see the Waves components from Logic 8, I’ve tried copying them into the new computers corresponding folders, that doesn’t work. Granted, I’m also a complete mongaloid when it comes to this stuff.

I just want that old harpsichord sound so bad. Every day that I cannot write using that adolescent tone is a writhing purgatory of sadness. I mean, Logic X only has “rock harpsichord” which sounds like a dying dog. How am I supposed to write overwhelming prog with a “rock harpsichord?” I am completely devastated over this and have literally cried and screamed on multiple occasions. Someone please help me.

On the Instrument Channel Strip click the setting button. At the bottom of that list there's an entry called Legacy. Inside that you will find the Jam Pack folders if you have downloaded all the Logic Pro X content. The Turkish oud and Japanese koto are in the Jam Pack World Music folder and there's a harpsichord in the Jam Pack Symphony Orchestra folder. Hopefully these are the instruments you are looking for.

Please don't use pejorative terms like mongaloid in your posts it is totally unnecessary.

Alan.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, triplets said:

If you downloaded all the Logic X content with the Download Manager, you can get to the Legacy sounds by holding down Option when you click on the plugin insert slot.

Thanks for getting me started getting some of my sounds back. If you are still around, what about all of the jam packs that I used to have? I hate to have to redo all of my old stuff from scratch.

24 minutes ago, Ellen McNutt said:

That's not an insult. I used to make money going out as a singing cow, and yes, I was a fake cow. Those were probably my best gigs.

Okay, there is NO F*CKING WAY you can drop that in public on the internet and not follow up with video. 

No way at all.

We're waiting. 

Edited by analogika

Ellen, this is hilarious. Also, you have put out more music than the majority of members on LogicProHelp.

Because of this, you are hereby granted a perpetual license to ask any questions you want.

Please also note that from now on you will be regarded as the authority including but not limited to any matters of fake cows, and any upcoming questions and/or inquiries related to fake cows will be directly forwarded to you.

Thank you for your service. 

Edited by fuzzfilth
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Ellen McNutt said:

Maybe some here wouldn't appreciate my going that far off topic. I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure what's acceptable.

That's fine, and honestly what better way to start a monday morning than with a good laugh, and that video was perfect for that. Thanks for sharing it! 😄

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Ellen McNutt said:

since I haven’t done the telegrams professionally for a couple of decades, I don’t have a good video. Here is one a friend took at a friend’s birthday oarty.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/075ZwkkJgE-Y1lmOiAjP_YAQQ

… aaaaand she delivers! Fantastic — thank you so much. :-)

(And I appreciate David having blessed it!)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, fuzzfilth said:

Ellen, this is hilarious. Also, you have put out more music than the majority of members on LogicProHelp.

Because of this, you are hereby granted a perpetual license to ask any questions you want.

Please also note that from now on you will be regarded as the authority including but not limited to any matters of fake cows, and any upcoming questions and/or inquiries related to fake cows will be directly forwarded to you.

Thank you for your service. 

I thank you very much. MOOSIE  the MOOsical Cow sincerely  thanks you from the bottom of her heart (and udders)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That is MOOch too MOOch information! 🐄 🤣  (And it's not even MOOnday anymore!)

We gotta be sure this never gets out to the college grads who dream of becoming professional musicians – that we actually make our money by dressing up as cows.  (Although one of my college friends made good money as a [clean ... never quite "all the way"] stripper at bachelorette parties ... One heck of a nice guy and a great entertainer.)

Edited by MikeRobinson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1