Native Logic Pro 6 sessions to TDM system using LP 7?

i

I'm new here so hello to You all :D

I need to mix some songs at home inside G5 and LP6 (my upgrade to 7->7.1 is on its way).

My problem is that I need to present these mixes in a different studio using Pro Tools HD system with LP 7. So actually how is this done? Does Logic recognize that my mixes are done in native system and when I open my tracks in TDM Logic they automatically turn to TDM processed tracks?

Can someone point a way? I'm willing to read and learn this from Logic manual so if anyone knows where that kind of information can be found please let me know.

Thanks,

I

I need to "port" it as a whole session so lots of tracks. I need to show and explain my work to my teacher so all Logic's plugins (EQ's compressors, etc.) need to be available.

Is it possible to use native processing with PT hardware?

Thanks, I

...Sorry just to make my self clear: whole thing needs to stay inside Logic so only the hardware is going to change.

I

You can open up your native session on a Logic/HD setup, but you'll have to re-assign all of the environment objects from Coreaudio to Direct TDM. Then you'll be able to stream the audio from your tracks into the DAE mixer via the ESB. ESB provides 8 outputs into the DAE mixer.

If you are using any EXS libraries that the other studio does not have, you may want to save as a "Project" and include all of the EXS samples used in the song, which will make it more portable (though larger.)

The studio you are going probably knows what to do.

Archived