Filter certain midi inputs

benedicteggs
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi guys! My midi controller has been having some hardware issues with its faders and CC74 and 80 have been sending continuous ghost signals. I'm wondering if there is a way to filter out these signals and let my keyboard midi data through.

I've tried using the midi filter function but the problem is, I have a nanokontrol 2 connected and I need midi data from it. Is it possible to filter control signals from just 1 midi controller?

Hope its not to confusing! Any help will be welcome!

Sure - if you just want to filter out a few CC's from one particular MIDI input port, probably the best way is to put a transformer object between the MIDI input object (from the port you want to filter on) and sequencer object in the Environment's Click & Ports layer.

Set the transformer (or multiple transformers) to filter out the MIDI CC's you don't want, and pass everything else through.

You're basically just patching in a simple MIDI processor on the MIDI data coming in from that port before it gets passed to the sequencer part of Logic.