TIP: Scripter Keyswitches

Go to solution Solved by Dewdman42,

If you're using my shell script to generate the Scripter script from the Articulation Set, you could also add those emoji's to the actual articulation set.  Then generate the scripts.  After that you'd see the colored emoji's in the articulation set, in the piano roll if you use articulation ID's and/or in the line value labels as ravez showed earlier.

On 2/3/2023 at 12:37 PM, Bengt Gårdmo said:

Thank you !

looking forward to se if it is possible.

Hello again !

About my coloring request again. I mean the midi event, to see  a midi event in the midi editor with color (for group) not velocity color but my own color for exemple all legato notes are green in the midi editor and long are blue….

sorry for being not so specific in my text. 
best wish

for that you can change it here

art.jpg.bd3f19fad36fb94c79607836276360f4.jpg

but the color is driven by the Art ID number, and there are only 16 colors that repeat, so art id 1 would be the same color as art id 17, only different one i think is 254 which should be reddish.

You could set all the same groups to be the same art id so they pick the same color, but then assign them to different channels so they can trigger different notes.

Honestly there are no DAWs that currently make working with articulations a happy workflow, they all lack in a way or another.

I hope next Logic version will do a much needed overhaul for articulations, especially being able to view the name of the articulations on the notes in the piano roll (not the hovering one we have now) and also being able to assign them to the notes after the recording.

I want to read them as if i were reading a score with markings, i don't want to click or play or select a note just to know what articulations it is gonna trigger.

You can also vied/edit them in the event list, but that's annoying as well, as you just see a list of notes.

Oh well 😅

• Like 1