What setting allows you to color code your tracks?

nickmck
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi everyone,

What exactly do I need to do to get all of my projects to have that track color gradient? I've taken some screenshots of that Billie Eilish session that comes with Logic Pro 10.5 to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Do I need to create a project template and always start new projects from that template to get it to work? Or is there a way where I can create a new project without a template and have it automatically color coded like that?

Additionally, how can I get my instrument icons to look all snazzy like that? I kind of prefer the line drawings that match the color of the track. Is there a way to have those icons be chosen automatically as opposed to the realistic instrument icons?

Thanks for the help ladies and gentleman.

1829350306_ScreenShot2020-06-08at4_15_26PM.thumb.png.567ddb0e8ea182f39bdc7c847aae3e4c.png

864665381_ScreenShot2020-06-08at4_15_41PM.thumb.png.a71c8d06f7e37e58e295e18a6dac85ab.png

927220083_ScreenShot2020-06-08at4_15_53PM.thumb.png.a4da12843305075cad4dae5c4a5640c4.png

Edited by nickmck

Logic Pro X > Preferences > Display > Tracks, Track Color = Auto-assign.

Thanks David, you the man. In your opinion, do you think they used the 24 or the 96 color option?

Also, I added in another question towards the end of my original post if you don't mind trying to answer that one as well! :-)

I don't know just try both and see which one looks like what they have?

Those are flat icons, you'll have to select them manually (control-click track icon and choose) or create your own template.

Ah, flat icons, that was the technical term I was missing lol. So Logic doesn't have a flat icon equivalent already assigned as an alternative to each realistic icon? I'm surprised that isn't an option in preferences :'-(

So just to clarify, if I want a flat icon to automatically be chosen instead of the realistic one I need to create my own project template with the flat icon already chosen?

So just to clarify, if I want a flat icon to automatically be chosen instead of the realistic one I need to create my own project template with the flat icon already chosen?

Yes.

Man, they really gotta add the option to switch them! It's small and somewhat trivial but still... would be cool. Thanks again.