Batch export multi track stems from electronic drum kits?

jmob

Hello,

is there a way to batch export out each sound from the electronic drum kit without separating the midi region by pitch? I've done this but it doesn't move the regions to the tracks with the correct sounds, it just creates identical tracks within the electronic drum kit but with the correct notes playing.

in the export section, the multie output software instruments is greyed out which makes no sense as the electronic drum kits are totally multie output.

any help would be most appreciated.

thanks!

Open the track stack, Command-click track headers to select the desired subtracks and choose File > Export > # Tracks as Audio Files.

in the export section, the multie output software instruments is greyed out which makes no sense as the electronic drum kits are totally multie output.

"Electronic Drum Kit" is just the name of a folder containing patches. The patches are built around Drum Machine Designer which isn't an instrument, it just routes MIDI notes to individual instruments such as Ultrabeat but mostly Drum Synth and Quick Sampler which are not multi-output.

You're welcome. Does my solution of selecting the subtracks work for you?

Looking at my mixer, there are a ton of outputs for that instrument.

You didn't mention which version of Logic you're using. Depending on the version, the different channel strips you're seeing in your Mixer are multiple outputs from Ultrabeat (in which case you can do a multi-out export) or individual instruments (in which case you can't):

• In 10.4, DMD is triggering Ultrabeat in multi-output mode: you can select the Ultrabeat track and do a multi-out export as expected.

• In 10.5, DMD is triggering multiple individual-output Quick Sampler or Drum Synth tracks. Those are not multi-out instruments, so you can't do a multi-out export.

That sucks. Ok thanks. hopefully they will right this wrong in a future update.

You're welcome. Does my solution of selecting the subtracks work for you?

Looking at my mixer, there are a ton of outputs for that instrument.

You didn't mention which version of Logic you're using. Depending on the version, the different channel strips you're seeing in your Mixer are multiple outputs from Ultrabeat (in which case you can do a multi-out export) or individual instruments (in which case you can't):

• In 10.4, DMD is triggering Ultrabeat in multi-output mode: you can select the Ultrabeat track and do a multi-out export as expected.

• In 10.5, DMD is triggering multiple individual-output Quick Sampler or Drum Synth tracks. Those are not multi-out instruments, so you can't do a multi-out export.

That sucks. Ok thanks. hopefully they will right this wrong in a future update.

You're welcome, however there's nothing to fix, because nothing is wrong. The multi-out option is for multi-out instruments, and DMD is not a multi-out instrument.

Did you manage to batch export your multiple tracks by selecting them like I explained?

yes, I did but a few of them did not export right. They were missing their fx's (bypass fx plugin's disabled) I don't trust it. I've resorted to merging all the midi tracks, muting everything and then unmuting each instrument for each pass, unfortunately.