Cannot drag marker

kevinhilt
Go to solution Solved by kevinhilt,

In Logic Pro X 10.4.4, I cannot click and drag markers. I can move the start and end points of markers to control length, but I cannot click the middle of the marker and drag it to reposition it.

In the below GIF, I create a marker and then move the endpoint to better show what's happening with the cycle range. Attempting to drag the marker causes a "preview" selection to appear in the cycle range, and then releasing the drag sets the cycle range to the marker length instead of moving the marker to the dragged position.

d035oma.gif

How can I reposition markers by dragging them?

Something weird is happening when you are dragging - the cycle area seems to be being highlighted or something is happening to it while dragging, which is odd. Try changing the vertical size of the marker global track to be bigger - same behaviour?

I only get the same exact behaviour you see when I click on the marker, and drag *up* so my mouse is in the timeline area. As long as my mouse is within the marker track, it works to move it as expected.

It's like in your case, it thinks the mouse is higher than it actually is.

Have you tried trashing your prefs and seeing if it continues?

Is this only in one project, or every project?

• Solution
Is this only in one project, or every project?

It's like in your case, it thinks the mouse is higher than it actually is.

The issue was occurring for all projects and despite application/computer restarts. I also tried increasing the height of the marker track as you suggested to no avail.

What did fix it, however, was moving the Marker track so it was not the top track in the global tracks header. After I moved it below the Arrangement track, clicking and dragging a marker moved it as expected. What's even stranger is that I can now move the Marker track back to be the top global track, and dragging works correctly.

I'm not sure what caused it, but your suggestion led to the solution, so thank you!

HY5rAJG.png