Anybody has damaged project since 10.5?

blinkofani

Yep, I'm the guy who never has problems with his DAW, everything always running fine except the known bugs and all. But since updating to 10.5 I've had 2 projects that opened with major problems. First one was a song started in 10.4.8, I backed up my stuff and updated to 10.5. I continued my project in the new version on the day I updated. Next day, I try to open the project and I get the message of "Invalid region number". You click Cancel and it comes back and you get in a loop. Opened another project and came back to the problematic one. It opens but a lot of regions are missing. I could retrieve it by selecting a saved backup.

Today, I tried to open a new project that I started yesterday in 10.5.1 from a fresh template and I got "The project could be damaged"!! Shoot, twice in a month and this stuff never happens to me!! This time it was easier because once you click Cancel or OK(can't remember) you have access to the saved backups.

Anybody had that since 10.5 and maybe thinks he/she's the only one having that problem? Thanks.

Blink

I haven't had any issues with 10.5 or 10.5.1 but I did with some earlier versions. I had a case where 1 or 2 projects seemed to be broken or just wouldn't open in the newly update version of Logic. What I did was open a new empty project and import everything in from the broken project. This worked out well for me.

Alan.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe I’ll have to check closer what is going on in my setup. My Project drive is an SSD that I’ve had for quite some years now, maybe it’s something in my setup that’s about to give up at the same time 10.5 landed. Both projects use Omnisphere 1.5 that I don’t use often(that’s why I didn’t upgrade to V2) and that is getting old. Usually, everything run smooth... Anyway, thanks again!

Blink