instruments change on their own

ctrl-alt-delete

Hi,

I've worked on a session for a while that give me some head ache. At some point during the recording of audio, instruments change without me being close to work with them. In this case, it's the "strings" changing to the "sampler" (it also occured while still being called ESX24) and the sound is one of the represented ones from the same session, "trumpets".

The trumpets themselfs, changes to another instrument of course, also to something represented in the same session, in this case the orchestral kit.

Weirdly enough, only this session was ever affected.

Since I want to keep my recorded audio regions I can't simply revert to an older session. Work around is to copy the regions into a reverted session. But first I need to "save as" (new name) to safe up a bit.

One time, a major copy of all content to a new session worked fine for a while.

Been writing to Apple, been in telephone with Apple, that made an exception for supporting unique sessions, and they looked at it on a shared screen, we never found anything that would cause this.

Only thing I do during the recording, is to record, duplicate tracks, erase audio, undo recording, cut in recorded audio regions, record on the same tracks (while letting logic create a new track when done), and so on. normal stuff. I don't use takes.

Does anybody recognise this?

The project file itself.

Ok thanks. Nothing I could check, though.. and it would mean the old one and the new project file would both be corrupted. The content has just been moved to another (new) project. Does this in fact mean the content brings the corrupt data into a new project? I don't get it.

What kind of content exactly, and how did you migrate it from one project to the other?

Being in the new project this is how I remembered doing it.

The right inspector.. "All Files" browser. I looked the defunct project up and imported all things possible as far as I can remember. This the german Apple guy helped me with. I don't recall exactly how anymore.

EDITED 2 times for the right description

Ok yes I see exactly how you did it. Well then yes it's possible that you somehow imported some kind of corruption along with it. Not saying you did anything wrong, it should work as expected obviously. But if this is happening only in that project and no other then that points to some form of project file corruption unfortunately. :(

Ok yes I see exactly how you did it. Well then yes it's possible that you somehow imported some kind of corruption along with it. Not saying you did anything wrong, it should work as expected obviously. But if this is happening only in that project and no other then that points to some form of project file corruption unfortunately. :(

thanks

I'd try to bounce the audio and start from scratch in another session. 1 or two hours of work but it's worth it..

Something with the RAM or similar not being fit for deleting the recorded file, running a new recording directly or graphically handle my quick fingers :). Happened two times in a row now. I have a problem with space on the hard drive, righ tnow 16GB left on a 250GB SSD. It could be this, I could free around 20 GB more by throwing over some sessions to a hard drive. I'd like to down size the logic sample stuff too, but really don't know where to start. I'd start another thread for this when I'm up for it.

My latest theory is that Logic messes up like this when I'm recording on the same track as previous recorded (and logic is set to create new track after recording is done) and I quickly erase or undo the recording (haven't found out which of these two yet). Sometimes I can feel I've been too quick for the system. Perhaps it can be that the overview was barely done or the final (from logic) steps to seal that recording to the hard drive was interupted. It could be I undid the recording at the very second logic wants to create the new track. I really don't know. I've tried to be really "hygienically" correct and stopped peacefully, waited. created a new track for a new recording. Erased slowly after a second or so. Saved often. It has worked until things get more intense. Bare in mind the button for highlighted track for recording is embarrasingly small. It should be huge and glowing. It happens that I use the same track. And honestly it's in the preferences, it should work. And lastly, again it only happens to these two projects. One has a huge number of tracks but nothing strange going on. Most are not active at the same time. Why, still, would it want to mess the instruments up in such a predicted way?

If you load a patch and press undo, the patch will be unloaded.

hmm, not quite sure I follow. There are not patches being loaded at this point, as far as I'm aware. It's an audio track (in main window) that want's to create a new track based on what I've told the system to do when recording on the same track. If I undo that recording, while it's creating a new track (again, a fraction of a second) how come the instruments change? And to to such a strange thing as to others, already in the same project.

Look at your undo history and double-check exactly what you were undoing. My guess is, you may be undoing a "load patch" or "change plug-in in channel strip" action.

oh thats smart.. :) I should have thought about it, too..

I'm gonna look at the undo history.. It's been there for quite some 15 or more years and I've always seen it as "undo historical".. hehe. I will get back about it when it happens. Cheers!!

• 3 weeks later...
short question in same thread since it might only be this project being problematic (for perhaps the same reason). I record some drums right now. I always have the software monitoring off in all songs, here too. But here I hear logic output some ghost audio at the same time as my RME interface, once in Record, which of course is irritating, I hear then the quick RME monitoring and a silghtly delayed logic signal at the same time. I don't get where this could be happening. Band aid fix is put it in Mute while recording. But permanent fix would be appreciated.