Same bounce, different waveforms

ColbyKeyz

I bounce my project twice in a row without making any changes to ANYTHING. The same bounce settings, the same everything. If you look closely, you see that the waveforms are slightly different. This makes no sense they should be identical.

75252130_ScreenShot2020-06-15at7_08_56PM.png.879da825c654764c551ce2ac10582f2e.png

Edited by ColbyKeyz

(pre-fader-) Freeze all tracks, then bounce twice, and the bounces will be identical to the point that they will completely null in a null test.

IF!

You make sure you have no modulating plugins on auxes or output strips. Fixed EQ, compressors and reverbs should be OK. Chorus or Flangers or such, not.

This makes no sense they should be identical.

We don't know what's going on in your mix.

I can clearly do two different passes that are very different, just by having, (as a hypothetical example) a sequencer generating notes at random. Each time I hit play the output will be different.

There are plenty of plugins, DSP processes and other stuff which have random or semi-random components, for example.

But the bottom line, if you want to understand what is going on, you need to break down your mix and provide enough details for us to find why.