Question on Tempo Adapt in Logic Pro.

JCcares

Happy Father's day guys,

Today I found a cool jazz midi track online & dragged it onto Logic.I had no idea of the tempo but as I was playing around the Piano roll-on 'analyze' icon popped up & so I hit it.I guess it figures the tempo by itself (never knew of this function in Logic! ).It also gave me an option of constant /variable tempo as it looks like the keyboardist had played it on a random tempo with ups & downs.The variable tempo split up the track in various tempo ranges since that was how it was performed.However is it possible to get the whole track into 1 constant tempo so everything is on time? Do I need to quantize it so there are no variations? This Smart tempo function seems very useful!

Yes, Logic will analyze a performance and create a tempo map so you can record to it with a click and add some other software instrument if you want that will line up to the original file.

If you want to keep one tempo across the file, you gonna have to pick the average tempo and quantize the whole audio file.

I'm sure it will loose a lot of its charm once it's perfectly lined up to the grid.

If you want to keep one tempo across the file, you gonna have to pick the average tempo and quantize the whole audio file.

I'm sure it will loose a lot of its charm once it's perfectly lined up to the grid.

Thanks.Yes you bet it looses the charm ! : )