2-3 second delay after dragging, undo, etc (Catalina)

dingobiatch

I'm having insane lag on my 16" MBP, running Catalina. As in, UI lag, where any action in Logic is followed by a UI hang for a few seconds before completing. It's actually so bad that I have to be careful when alt-dragging to copy.. the drag takes so long for Logic to complete that the 'alt' doesn't get considered since I already let go of it.

Anyone have this issue??? Driving me NUTS

(I've updated to the latest Logic by the way)

this is now my default answer to everything, but... try resetting nvram, and the smc on the macbook pro (u can google instructions for your model). and are u running any 3rd-party plugins? make sure they're up-to-date.

am not experiencing anything like that (nor have i with logic at any time in catalina)...

• 2 weeks later...

Figured it out. This has never been an issue in the past so it must be either a new bug with Logic or a new bug due to Catalina and/or my MBP 16".

It's because my main screenset has the project audio files tab open. If I have that tab open, any actions that cause the project audio files list to change at all cause a massive delay.

Figured it out. This has never been an issue in the past so it must be either a new bug with Logic or a new bug due to Catalina and/or my MBP 16".

It's because my main screenset has the project audio files tab open. If I have that tab open, any actions that cause the project audio files list to change at all cause a massive delay.