Arpeggiator Skipping Beats

teerathm

Hi all

I ran into an issue with the Arpeggiator today where it's skipping beats regularly instead of being continuous. This happens when the song is playing but not when it is stopped and I play something on my MIDI keyboard. I couldn't figure out what's going on. Anyone faced this issue before and have a solution?

Here's a link to the screen capture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aY5YwN5LAaDIPTCX8mNMAhknZFwEHYHk/view?usp=sharing

Thank you

The attack time should also be set to minimum; but I think that your synth sound's attack is already set to very short.

To troubleshoot the source of the issue, have you tried with another plugin?

Another thing I would try would be to quit and restart Logic; and then cold reboot your computer, if restarting Logic didn't help.

I tried all of these methods. I don't think the issue is with the synth. I tried it with other synths and the result is the same. Plus, it works perfectly when the song is not playing and I play something on my MIDI keyboard. Why is it working then and not when the song is playing?

Just maybe, telling us what is your computer and what version of logic you are using would be helpful. Have a look at what is asked for in your signature block on your profile and fill that in. It gives us more to work with regarding your problem and may help getting to a solution.

Sorry for the delayed response. It seems like the problem occurs when the sample rate is 48 kHz and buffer size is >= 256 samples. I lowered my buffer size to 128 and it worked. Can others confirm if this is the case for you?

Thanx for sharing your experience and solution!

It seems like the problem occurs when the sample rate is 48 kHz and buffer size is >= 256 samples. I lowered my buffer size to 128 and it worked. Can others confirm if this is the case for you?

Thanks @teerathm.

Bug confirmed here on both my laptop and iMac systems!

Noticed your time signature was 7/8. I set mine to 4/4 and still had the issue.

Also noticed that manually changing and returning the tempo to 75bpm during playback temporarily corrects the issue.

Steps to reproduce:

• Set Tempo to 75bpm
    Set Sample Rate to 48KHz (or 96KHz)
    Set Buffer Size to 256 or above
    Set Arpeggiator rate to 1/32 or faster
    Playback a MIDI region of one or more held notes

Instead of outputting a steady series of notes the Arpeggiator will be skipping steps.

this should not be happening... we should report as bug!

Edited by Mark R

It seems like the problem occurs when the sample rate is 48 kHz and buffer size is >= 256 samples. I lowered my buffer size to 128 and it worked. Can others confirm if this is the case for you?

Thanks @teerathm.

Bug confirmed here on both my laptop and iMac systems!

Noticed your time signature was 7/8. I set mine to 4/4 and still had the issue.

Also noticed that manually changing and returning the tempo to 75bpm during playback temporarily corrects the issue.

Steps to reproduce:

• Set Tempo to 75bpm
    Set Sample Rate to 48KHz (or 96KHz)
    Set Buffer Size to 256 and above
    Set Arpeggiator rate to 1/32 or faster
    Playback a MIDI region of one or more held notes

Instead of outputting a steady series of notes the Arpeggiator will be skipping steps.

this should not be happening... we should report as bug!

Thanks, Mark R! We should definitely report this.