Click / Clip on Ess sound on Bounce, but not in Project...

TripleYoThreat

Hi all, hope you're doing well!

I'm having a VERY odd problem.

On playback in my project, the intro sounds smooth. There is no clipping, clicks, or crackle.

On bouncing, my MP3 and WAV have this clip on an ess sound about 9 seconds in.

Naturally, my first thought was to try a realtime bounce with second cycle pass. When it played for the realtime, I heard it again.

Just from the playback during realtime, I was able to hear those clips / clicks again.

I read another thread here about the same issue, and I tried the fixes mentioned there - resetting the audio engine, latency compensation to all. No go.

I'm so confused how something is smooth in regular playback yet when played back for the realtime bounce, it sounds wrong.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Trip

Hi all, hope you're doing well!

I'm having a VERY odd problem.

On playback in my project, the intro sounds smooth. There is no clipping, clicks, or crackle.

On bouncing, my MP3 and WAV have this clip on an ess sound about 9 seconds in.

Naturally, my first thought was to try a realtime bounce with second cycle pass. When it played for the realtime, I heard it again.

Just from the playback during realtime, I was able to hear those clips / clicks again.

I read another thread here about the same issue, and I tried the fixes mentioned there - resetting the audio engine, latency compensation to all. No go.

I'm so confused how something is smooth in regular playback yet when played back for the realtime bounce, it sounds wrong.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Trip

I think it might have something to do with playing it from the top, and what the limiter+other plugins go into the next part carrying. Playing it from the top I can hear that clip, but sometimes I don't. I bounced it like 10 times, listening for that particular sound and eventually let it bounce when it wasn't there. I wouldn't call this solved but adding to the discussion here.

Are you starting the bounce at position 1 1 1 1?

Yes sir!

Well, Logic is known for being unpredictable when starting on 0 or 1, or worse, negative numbers.

All my projects start at 3 1 1 1.

Once you start using a lot of samplers and heavy plugins, Logic needs that millisecond of processing before that first note for the bounce to come out right.

So what I do is zoom in and set the cycle for the bounce a fraction in front of the downbeat of where the song starts.

This system hasn't given me any issues in bounces.