Strange pen tablet behaviour....help!

Plastic Meanie

I've just changed my tablet from a Wacom to a Huion as my old Wacom didn't work with Catalina. But the new one exhibits strange behaviour in Logic. So, say I adjust a pan setting to L42, when I click somewhere else on the Logic interface, the pan setting I just changed will change again as if the pen on the tablet is still 'attached' somehow. As you can imagine, this is hugely frustrating when parameters are randomly adjusting themselves. Longshot, I know, but any ideas how to sort this? Thanks

So investigating this more, it only happens when I have Stereo Pan selected on a pan pot. If I have just balance set, the pen acts normally. Very odd. Have checked all the parameters and settings on the tablet and pen and there's nothing I can tweak there. So what's going on in Stereo Pan mode that is so different from a mouse point of view? Also have similar issues with other plugins ie change a parameter but parameter changes again as I move pen away or click elsewhere.

Another discovery: I can can cancel this behaviour seemingly by right clicking on my mouse or on the pen if it's moved away from the parameter concerned (although this behaviour seems inconsistent in plugins). It's almost like a midi message that needs switching off! Still no closer to discovering why it's happening, though.

• 8 months later...

Any news on this yet John? I've just happened across this annoyance - exactly the same as you, you can't control plug ins with the pen because when you go from one pot to the next, the click on the 'new' pot also affects the 'old' pot.

I have a Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Plus. I'm wondering if anything like Better Touch Tool could help but haven't had any luck so far. How about you?

Cheers

Wayne