Plugin installation after using symboliclinker

Einstein Samarpan

• 2 weeks later...

You don't install plugins anywhere other than the default system drive locations, otherwise they won't be seen by the system.

You can often install *sample content* for certain plugins on external drives, but the plugins have to be in the plugin folders on your system drive, no exceptions.

I just tried one called valhalla freq echo which was available on the website for free, but it says it can't be installed on external hard drive as you too mentioned earlier. I don't have much knowledge on plugins and don't know much about which all plugins i should get started with !! Can you please help me with some good free ones or any place from where i can download them.

Thanks

Freq Echo is 4MB, so it's not exactly a disk space hog. Yes, it must go in your system plugins folder.

If you're struggling this much with disk space, I'm not sure why you're asking for places to download *more* stuff, which will just make the problem worse...

How many more times must I say this? The plugins must be installed to the system folders. Some plugins, that have, for instance, large quantities of sample content, give you the option to install the library content - the big stuff - to external drives if you want to.

If you have zero space on your system drive, and you're thinking of installing more stuff, then you're going to hit problems because you really need some free space on your system drive for everything to function smoothly.

Create some space, or upgrade your drive, before starting to think about adding more stuff that you don't have space for - that's my recommendation.