Logic + EWQL Composer Cloud

memarkiam

How can I see what actual patch is being used on a track (actually, this applied to any software instrument, not just EWQL).

When I click on the Instrument on the track panel, it opens the Play module, but it always shows the last instrument I loaded, not the one assigned to the track I opened it from.

So if I want to know did I use the flute from the Symphonic Orchestra or the Hollywood Orchestra, I have no idea.

I think I did see something somewhere about 'syncing' the track with the Play window, but don't know how to do that.

Would be a big help to me right now!

Thanks,

Mark

OK, this is embarrassing...

Have to admit, I've never seen or opened that Play Interface! I just browse for a sound, load it, and start playing.

So I'm always on the browser, which always shows the last sound I browsed to.

I have now seen the Play window! Who'd a thought..! ;)

Thank you.

It would still be nice if Logic loaded the right Play window just by clicking on the track (or up/down arrow selecting it). You still have to go to the channel strip and click on the Instrument to open it, and then a new Play window opens. Not efficient, but I can work with it! Thanks.