Disk is too slow or System Overload

jimslaton

I'm getting this error in Logic Pro X 10.3.0 (Disk is too slow or System Overload) and I'm not even running that many tracks. I have changed the I/O Buffer size, adjusted the multithreading, turned off reWire & more. I have even "Freeze" all the tracks except the one I'm working on. I've made sure nothing is open on the computer except Logic and have even restarted the computer several times. My Os drive is an SSD and the drive where I store Logic Pro project files is on a separate SSD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? I have done all the obvious stuff that is recommended online. Thanks in advance.

New 2019 iMac (macOS 10.14.6)

3.6 GHz i9

64GB 2667 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 8GB

All SSD drives

I updated Logic Pro X 10.5.1 and everything is still the same. I constantly get overload warnings and everything stops. I close all apps except Logic. I've tried "Freezing" all the tracks except the one I'm working on. I'm not even running that many tracks. I have changed the I/O Buffer size, adjusted the multithreading, turned off reWire & more. Nothing helps even though I'm on a brand new iMac with i9 processor and 64 GB Ram and I'm using all SSD drives. Can anyone help?

Yes, I have the same content cloned on HHDs and it does the same. At first, all my logic content was on HHD drives and when I first started having this issue I assumed my HHD drives were too slow so I bought SSDs but it still the same. The operating system has an SSD and all the content has its own SSD. Edited by jimslaton

Ok.

Let's try to be methodical here.

With the computer specs you have you shouldn't have these issues.

There's obviously something in your setup that's creating this.

New project, one track, you record something. Overloads?

If you do, then there's something going on with your drives.

No?

Start adding 3rd party stuff, make it more involved for the CPU and the drives

Look at the floating CPU and I/O meter.

Gotta find the culprit.

I have multiple DAWs on my system including live, Reason & new Wave Tracktion. I have built the same project with all the same VST & Instruments and none of the other DAWs have this issue. I would prefer to use Logic Pro X but this is frustrating.