Midi Transpose Question

Music Spirit

Am doing an arrangement ( beatmapped) of an audio file of a well known jazz saxophonist and am transcribing the band parts.

I have a book of transcriptions which include the solo for this tune - but the book transcription is in Bb ie transposed for tenor sax.

I wish to play in to Logic from my master keyboard - in a mixture of real time and step time - the solo from the Bb part in the book.

But here is the key question: I want to read and play the Bb part as if it is a concert part from my midi keyboard by transposing the Midi Input so that every note I play sounds a tone or whole step down ie when I play a C on the keyboard I want it to sound Bb. I dont mind what Midi note are written as a result in Logic's score editor ( because I can always transpose them later)...

Essentially i want to be reading/playing the transposed saxophone solo from the transcription into Logic with it sounding in concert.

What's the best way to set up Logic to do this?

Hi

If you just want to hear your MIDI performance one tone lower - try in the Main Window, Track Inspector>Track: Transpose> -2.

Your performance will sound a tone lower.

If you want the Score to represent the notes you play on your keyboard and not what they 'sound' - in the Score Inspector (Staff) Style>Transpose +2

Hi

If you just want to hear your MIDI performance one tone lower - try in the Main Window, Track Inspector>Track: Transpose> -2.

Your performance will sound a tone lower.

If you want the Score to represent the notes you play on your keyboard and not what they 'sound' - in the Score Inspector (Staff) Style>Transpose +2

This worked perfectly - many thanks!